Thursday, April 23, 2009

Family Update

Baseball

I haven't been blogging much but I wanted to give an update. Daniel started coach-pitch Little League and loves it. John is the head coach but has some awesome Assistant Coaches. Daniel loves it and is getting so good. I will post a picture when we get them back.
Adoption
We sent our dossier to Ukraine on April 14 and it was delivered to our facilitator on April 17. We got an email from her this morning saying the she will put us on the list for submission tomorrow. We will probably have to change some paperwork because I guess lots has changed in the last couple of months. I hope we will still hold our place if that is the case. We are still hoping for travel during the summer.
School
Daniel is doing well in school. He is a reading machine and loves math and patterns. He is doing much better with his handwriting (I can sometimes read it:0)). Of course he loves the social part of it and all of themes. He is learning about ladybugs this week. He has had so many field trips and parties this year. These Kindergarten teachers are amazing. He goes to drawing club after school on Wednesday and loves it. He is so proud of himself because drawing is not a talent that comes easy for him. I think I will put him in piano next year. I think he will like it because of the music portion and it will be good for finger strengthening and coordination.
Work
John and I both still love our jobs working in the school. It is very nice working so close to home and being on the same schedule as Daniel. John has great people who he works with that have help him during this difficult time. Jill loves Augusta Ranch and all whom she works with there.
Baby Kate
Last but certainly not least, Baby Kate. She might not officially be ours but we feel like she it. She is so adorable. He little walk and her little run. Her persistance and her laugh. Daniel can just look at her and she will laugh. They are pretty much best friends. It doesn't matter that she is a 15-month baby girl and he is a 6 year old boy. He tells me that she is his funniest cousin, just in front of Kaleb. She is pretty funny. She even does tricks. She is such a joy in our lives.

No comments: