Friday, August 6, 2010

A Few Days in Donetsk



We have been visiting Dimtri the last 4 days two times a day and I think I am seeing lots of progress. He is now signing 4 different signs (all related to food of course). The signs are more, eat, drink and apple (for apple juice). He is also able to attend to a task longer and is making much more eye contact. He continues to have lots of tantrums especially when the apple juice is gone or he is taken away from an activity (water) that he is obsessed with but we are relishing the small steps. We met the neatest couple here who are adopting a little girl from Dimitri's group. They are from Italy (an hour outside of Rome) and are just wonderful. They love their little girl and were so friendly and generous with us. We feel lucky to have met them. Add Image They didn't speak alot of English and we speak no Italian but when you met like-minded people whose hearts are experience the same emotions at the same time you instantly bond. I really hope to stay in touch with them. It was sad when we had to leave Dimitri to go to the airport and I often wonder what he is going to think when we don't come to get him for a while. We are in Kiev and are missing him already but John does a very good impression of him but it is not quite the same.

No comments: