We are having a blast traveling through the Ukraine. We are mostly walking because we are in such a good location but we are also using the Metro and today I think we are going to take a taxi to the Temple. Daniel really wanted to ride on one of the minibuses or the electric trolley buses but we will see. Walking is probably my favorite because you get to look around as you go. Last night we walked to TGIFridays. Daniel had chicken strips with french fries that were really good. I accidently order fish that was alright and John order steak fajitas which were quite different than the one we are used to. Also, a quarter of our bill was for our drinks which would be fine if we had order anything but soda and water. I think we will stick with McDonalds and local pizza restaurants from now on. Then of course we walked to our daily fountain trip and Daniel played in the water. This morning Daniel said to John "Don't you have to go to the Internet Cafe today Daddy?" I think I know what he wants to do today. He is so funny. John and I are constantly cracking up as we go through life with him.
Friday, June 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The chicken strips are really good there, aren't they? Or maybe they just seem great after a long time of only eating Ukrainian food! We usually go to TGIF at the end of our trip when we're really tired of he same old food every day. The Italian place above TGIF is also pretty yummy. I remember really good lasagna there.
If you want to safely try some Ukrainian food, check out the various buffets (like in the underground mall) where you can see and point to whatever looks good. It's a bit of an adventure, and also not very expensive. Also, Potato House is pretty good for burritos and ribs (and oddly not potatoes!). And Pizza Celantano (pronounced Chelantano) is just flat out yumminess... including the Potato Al Forno.
Glad you're getting out to see Kiev! If you want to see a somewhat authentic village, there's one set up not too far from town. It's sort of a museum/park where you get to see Ukrainian life as it is in the countryside. We've never actually gone there, since on our 2 missions trips we got to experience the real deal, but I've heard good things about it. Also be sure to check out Taras Shevchenko Park up by the Opera House. They have pony rides and such for kids, and it's just pretty. (At least it was in the fall!) The nearby Taras Shevchenko art mueum is really great as well (and super-cheap) but Daniel would probably be bored by it. Just some ideas!
Post a Comment