Tuesday, August 26, 2003

The Day We Met You

Today is the day we have been waiting for has finally happened. Today we met you. We drove straight from the airport to the orphanage. It was still a little cloudy by quite warm, it felt like a perfect day. This was the day our lives would change forever and we were so ready.







I was surprised when we drove up to the orphanage because caregivers of the baby house had a group of babies and young children outside in strollers.
There were flowers and a little playground area. We waited in a second story playroom. First a baby girl was brought in and given to a couple, then a little boy and given to the other couple. I was about to burst. Then a couple more minutes passed but it seemed like a lifetime. A caregiver came in and handed you to Dad. I immediately took you. You were so good. You didn't cry or fuss. You loved to stand on my lap and bounce. You were such a happy boy and was smiling most of the time. I put you down and you crawled right out of you pants, which were bright yellow and 2 sizes too big. We were amazed that you were crawling. You were slow but you were very steady. We played for about three hours with a short nap in there and then we had to leave but we were able to come back the next day for 3 more hours.

No comments: